Absolutely flexible X
360° rotatable air inlets and outlets
Save energy X
Save up to 75% on energy costs thanks to high COP value
Using your own photovoltaic electricity X
Integrated PV input
Easy adjustment X
Intuitive operation with large display
Hygiene and quality X
Enamelled hot water tank with protective magnesium anode
High safety levels X
External condenser – drinking water protection
A true virtuoso X
Integration of boiler or solar thermal system possible
Cogent to the smallest detail
- Using the warm room or outdoor air, the heat pump unit can heat the water in the tank particularly efficiently. Compared to a purely electric hot water tank, electricity consumption can be reduced by up to 75 per cent.
- The air inlets and outlets of the AquaWIN Air3 can be rotated 360°C. This is particularly advantageous if the room height is low or if the domestic hot water heat pump is installed in a corner.
- The AquaWIN Air3 can be combined with a photovoltaic system. If solar energy is available, the drinking water is heated virtually free of charge with the heat pump.
- The enamelling and the standard protective magnesium anode ensure that the tank is protected from corrosion and also ensure hygiene.
- The radio remote control can be used on the unit or "mobile" as a remote control – so settings can also be made on the AquaWIN Air3 and information read from other rooms.
- The condenser transports the heated refrigerant, which transfers the heat to the water inside. The AquaWIN Air3 has a safety condenser that is located on the outside of the tank. This prevents the refrigerant entering the drinking water in the event of a leak.
The advantages at a glance
+ Flexible installation due to air inlets and outlets that can be rotated through 360°
+ Reduce electricity used by up to 75 per cent thanks to integrated heat pump
+ Photovoltaics, thermal solar heating system or boiler can be incorporated
+ Large display and intuitive knob and pushbutton operation
Types of hot water provision
The AquaWIN Air3 can heat the drinking water in three different ways. Depending on the requirements or the time of year, hot water can be provided either by only the heat pump unit, or by the heat pump together with electricity from the PV system, or also by the existing boiler.
In summer and during transitional periods, hot water provision with the heat pump is particularly efficient and economical. The boiler is protected and no additional fuel is required.
If you have your own photovoltaic system, the virtually free electricity from the sun can of course also be used to heat water with the heat pump. As soon as there is voltage at the inverter, it sends a signal to the AquaWIN Air3 and the water is automatically heated to 62°C.
In winter when the boiler is already operating for space heating, it can also be used to provide hot water at the same time.
The AquaWIN Air3 is available in two sizes (200 and 270 litres).
|Type||AWA 203||AWA 273|
|Distance between centres of openings||mm||418||418|
|Height of hot water connection||mm||961||1,300|
|Height of hot water tank VL & RL||mm||640||640|
|Height of cold water supply||mm||462||462|
|Height of condensation drain||mm||1,166||1,525|
|Energy efficiency class for DHW||m2||A+|
|Load profile for DHW||L||XL|
|Average power consumption of heat pump||W||700|
|Coil heater surface||m2||1.2|
|Heat output level (COP at air temp. of 7°C)||2.8||3.0|
|Heat output level (COP at air temp. of 20°C)||3.3||3.8|
|Max. air flow rate||m3/h||310|
|Sound power level (ISO3744)||dB(A)||53|
|Operating range of heat pump at air temperature||°C||-5 to +43|
|Power consumption of el. immersion heater||kW||1.6|
|Air inlet/outlet connection||DIN 160|
|Cold/hot water, circulation connections||¾" ext. thread|
|Heating coil connections||1" int. thr.|